Bosch Motronics

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Tue Jun 13 11:41:27 GMT 2000

Hi Rod,
I don't think I'll be able to help much at the moment, my knowledge is
limited to experience of 'standard' system operation, I have yet to delve
into the inner workings (apart from having had the lid off a few to have a
look of course!). I think you may well run into some interesting challenges
with a controller from a 525 6-cylinder engine running a V8?
Are you aware of the Rover GEMS syatem which is used on the later Range
Rover and Land Rover V8 models, 1994 onwards? Maybe this could be some
interest - controls both ignition and fuelling including distributorless
ignition. The application includes the 4.6L version of the Rover V8 so
should have a bit of 'headroom' to deal with tuned versions of the 3.5L
which I'm guessing you probably have?

Good luck

Rich.