Bosch Motronics

Roderick Warner Roderick_Warner at notes.teradyne.com
Tue Jun 13 08:26:26 GMT 2000

Origional Message :
From: Rich M [mailto:rsrich at cwcom.net]
Sent: 09 June 2000 10:51
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: Unfamiliar ECUs (was: SV: Wide Band Oxygen Sensor EGOR)

hi to you fellow UK-ers!
I am UK based also, my interests relate mainly to Bosch Motronics, not that
many people here playing with these - Albert and his Isuzu aside.

Plenty interesting reading tho' !
Rich.

Hi Rich

     I currently run a Rover V8 engine in a TR7 , which I recently converted to
the Lucas EFI , with moderate success- I need to get it onto a rolling road to
see whats happening at high revs though as i suspect its a bit weak - but to cut
a long story short I intend to attempt to go to  a Motronics ECU in the future-
from a 86 BMW 525 . It is reprogrammable, unlike the Lucas 4CU and  uses an
Intel 8051. I would eventually like to use the ignition control of the Motronics
as well - I  am collecting background data etc so that I can have a good shot at
it this winter.
     I know of a few good books  and have some info , so if you wish to share
info / ideas let me know.

               Rod Warner