Wide Band Oxygen Sensor, request for comments.

Paul paul at vb.co.za
Tue Jun 13 13:46:41 GMT 2000

Hi Guys

I been gathering info from numerous sources, too many to mention.

I've put together a web page with the information I've gathered so
far.

http://www.vb.co.za

Please could those who are interested, take a look, and comment.

PLEASE PLEASE REPORT ANY ERRORS(Theres bound to be some).

I'll be sourcing some components, OP amps, etc and I hope to put a bread
board
prototype within the next week or 2. If anyone's got any circuit simulation
software that we
could use to prove any of these CONCEPT designs, without actually
prototyping, then please get in touch.

I'm going to concentrate on the design of the circuitry to produce a
voltage(0 - 5V), that
will be a linear representation of Air/Fuel ratio. But I have an exisiting
circuit design
that will enable you to take the output from this circuit, and produce a
signal that
simulates the expected output of STANDARD oxygen sensors(Bicycle crank). I
will be prepared to help
those that need this feature. BUT I will not be producing any designs on a
SOLO basis to
support this feature. If enough are interested(in helping) we could produce
a version with a switch
on the case(Wide Band / Standard).

Also the design requirements, are strictly for a linear output
voltage(0-5v), NO FANCY LED
DISPLAY,NO METER etc. Literally a small box with 2 connectors.

1.	8 Pin connector to Honda Sensor
2.	4 Pin connector to ECU etc. (+12V,GND,A/F Signal,A/F Ground)

I encourage those of you that have a sensor to attempt to build the concept
circuit.
To avoid damage to your sensor try to remember the following.

1.	Make sure heater is operational before trying ANYTHING.(apply 12V wait 3
minutes)
2.	Make sure you have some sort of protection to prevent Ip from exceeding
20mA.

PLEASE NO .... "I TRIED IT BUT IT DIDN'T WORK", or "IT WORKS GREAT". What we
need is a minimum
of Ip current VS Air/Fuel Ratio, as on the web page.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A NON PROFIT PROJECT, IF YOU INTEND TO TAKE
ANY OF THE ABOVE
INFO FOR COMMERCIAL GAIN, YOU ARE GOING TO END UP STEPPING ON A LOT OF
PEOPLE'S TOES.

ALSO THE AIM OF THIS PROJECT IS TO PRODUCE A WORKING CIRCUIT THAT IN REAL
LIFE GETS THE JOB DONE,
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR WORKS OF ART, OR SHOW PIECES OF CIRCUIT DESIGN. THEN
THIS PROJECT IS NOT FOR
YOU. THIS IS A HOBBYISTS PROJECT WERE WE CAN ADAPT AND CHANGE THE CIRCUITRY
AFTER WE HAVE PRODUCED
THEM.

Paul