Bosch Motronic

Dylan Johnson DJohnson at cancorpam.com
Tue Jun 13 17:38:41 GMT 2000

Since we are on the subject. I am working on Bosch ECU #0-261-200-027 from
an 86 BMW 325e. I have taken what I see as the first step and dumped the
EPROM which is 2732A. I have two of the same ECUs and the other has a 2732D.
Are the 2732A and 2732D the same? Next I need to ID the CPU. I have found
the following parts in the ECU:91122 RCA Z 8601 40 pin,90920 RCA Z 8549 24
pin, and 90921 RCA Z 40 pin. I figure one of these is the CPU. Can anyone
help ID the parts or point me to a reference? I have found info that the CPU
is an 1802 as well as info saying that it is an 8051 which is why I am
asking for help at this point. Am I going about this the right way?