Fuel Cooling Intake Air

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Wed Jun 14 01:38:35 GMT 2000

--- "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> wrote:
>
> Anyway, was thinking, rather then using water at the intake side of the
> Intercooler, why not use fuel there.

Great balls of fire! That's why *I* wouldn't. One intake backfire and..... If you're brave, go for it!

 Evaporates at a lower temp., and
> should make for a real nice way of adding more fuel when I want it.  Mind
> you it's primary goal is charge cooling.  There'll probably be a 7th
> injector for a shoot of fuel up top or for spooling up the turbo, without
> having to get into the code side of things.

How is that fuel going to spool the turbo. Please enlighten a fellow boost junky.

I take it this is a GN/t-type?

Does adding fuel farther upstream really help cool the intake charge? Or does it displace air? Or does it just reduce the in cylinder cooling that it would have done? I've been thinking too much too:)

==
Dennis Doza II
87Shelby Charger B/S-15.8 at 88mph-Driver
87Shelby Charger R/S-13.24 at 103mph-Dad's racer
99Dakota Sport-15.5 at 87mph-For Sale $13,000
85Shelby Charger Red-15.1 at 96mph-dead-partscar
Member of Gateway Neon and Modern Mopars
http://204.50.82.80/gwneon/memb/dennisd.htm