SV: EGT gauges

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Jun 15 11:06:26 GMT 2000

Hi! Try this URL:  http://www.oc2net.net/exhaustgas/catselect.idc
Know nothing if the EGT works as advertised ,but sure looks nice.
Espen
> It sounds like the pieces may all be there.  8 vdo sendors, two
> switches and 2 single gauges or a dual gauge of some sort.   I did not
> realize that the thermocouples used by each manufacturer was pretty
> standard.

They all use type K thermocouples. Most claim that noone elses can be used,
interesting...

> Building the hardware does not really scare me that much, I just don't
> know that I want to.

I know the feeling.

> Any idea on the life of these probes?

I think that the VDO probes can be used for a very long time, probably
forever on a na engine. And the price is hard to beat.

By the way, the picture of the vdo kit on
http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g2cat/egtgauge.htm is with the slow probe,
even more rugged of course but not as useful. And the price sucks, I think
ATR wants $139 for the same kit.