Honda EUGO

Paul paul at vb.co.za
Fri Jun 16 14:59:13 GMT 2000

Hi guys

Has anyone tried "openingup" the Honda Sensor ?
Because I got about 50 different patents that apply to
the way that the Honda works, if I could find out more
about the internal structure of one of these gismo's.
I reckon I'd be home and dry, the physical construction
makes a big difference to the strategy you employ, for
getting a near perfect linear output.

Anyone got a dud Honda(Axel) ? Could you perhaps send
me your dud Honda's and NTK's ?

This would help me a lot on producing circuits that
can rejuvinate(activate) the sensor. Some of these circuits
provide an AC current that keeps the impurities from killing
the sensor. This is also related to the dreaded "Blackening Effect",
that occurs if you pump the thing to hard.

I also see that most of the manufacturers have now gone for a
software approach to controlling these gismos's. Which I presume
has lot to do with the current long lifetime of these sensors in the market
place.

IMHO I reckon that any circuit that doesn't use software to control one of
these
things, is going to perform badly as the sensor ages.

For this reason, I am going to design my Wide Band Oxygen Sensor, for use
with
the parallel port of a PC. This will keep the cost of the sensor down
considerably,
based on the asumption that everybody has access to a Notebook PC. But once
we have
the parallel port version calibrated, we can use the lookup tables to make a
microcontroller
version. I dont want to make it serial as most ECU's use the serial port for
coms with the PC,
so if I make it using the parallel port then I can use it at the same time.
I would presume
that this would be the case for others.

Also this development route would enable us to interface to the now
completed efi322 project,
anyone on the Hardware side of that project interested in adapting the
Honda/NTK sensors for
use on that ECU. I will be prepared to write code to support it ?

Or is it already in the pipeline, been done already?

Paul