Dealing with thermocouples - and building thermocoupls

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Jun 16 17:04:03 GMT 2000

I found (on digi-key) a chip that is a Thermocouple cold junction
compensator and matched amplifier, it will supposely work for all
types of thermocouples and coverts to 10mv/dC.

Does anyone know how hard it is to build a thermocouple from parts?
Omega seems to have everything needed to build one including
everything to contain the probe.

			Roger