Digital dash and obsolete IC's

Matt Cramer mac9 at po.cwru.edu
Sat Jun 24 20:35:24 GMT 2000

Hello everyone,

	I finally got around to ordering the components to build a digital dash,
only to get an inconvenient surprise.  I had hoped to build it using
National Semiconductor LM3914N's and the Harris (Intersil) CA3161E/CA3162E
combination.  Unfortunately, I'm having trouble ordering these.  I couldn't
find any of these listed in the Mouser catalog, and when I tried to order
them through the Digikey website, I found the LM3914N was obsolete, and the
CA3161E and CA3162E have evidently been discontinued.  Does anyone know of
any sources for these elusive IC's?  Or are there some IC's which are
pretty much equivalent and still availible?  Any help would be appreciated.

Matt Cramer