fuel pressure and regulators

Mitch Barrie redneck at employees.org
Thu Jun 1 04:51:50 GMT 2000

At 12:11 AM 6/1/00 -0400, Shannen Durphey wrote:

>No resistor.  Most S-10 trucks are TBI, this one was converted to
>carb.  The pump was left in the tank and a regulator was installed
>between the carb and the return line.

Okay, but this gets to the root of my question.  There isn't a lot of
difference in pressure between a carb (7psi) and a TBI (9-13psi), while a
TPI pump should put out around 40psi or more.

What I'm asking is whether there is any reason I can't use a TPI fuel pump
setup for a TBI or carb motor.

Thanks,

Mitch