fuel pressure and regulators

Ade + Lamb Chop lms2 at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 1 12:39:02 GMT 2000

On 31 May 2000, at 17:16, Mitch Barrie wrote:
> The electric fuel pump would run at something like 50-60psi, while of
> course the carb only wants about 6-7psi.  I was assuming I could deal
> with this with a fuel pressure regulator.  Does this seem reasonable
> to people?

Yup, This is almost exactly what the BL Metro turbo does. It was
carbureted and was a blow through set up so the Carb float blow
had to run at boost pressure. SUs don't like to see more than
about 4psi across the float valve so they had to reg the fuel
pressure to to 3ish psi above boost. The pump pumped fuel up from
the tank then the reg passed what the carb asked for and the rest
got returned to the tank.

I have seen inline regs but I don't think you could reg 50psi down to
7psi with one of these.

Ade

ICQ. 75653589