The EFI332 system and stuff the 8051 ;-)

John S. Gwynne jsg at jsgpc.mrcday.com
Fri Mar 3 17:05:56 GMT 2000

   In message <38BFE61A.EAA1C5B at cruzers.com>, you write:

| > Nicholas Parker wrote:
| >
| > 2.   Is it correct that the TPU can run the engine under static
| > conditions.? Without any help from the cpu except to supply what
| > ? coil load time, ign angle ,  pulse width, pulse start angle, &
| > injector on delay compensation.
|
| No angles.  The TPU will want those values expressed as time durations.

That depends on which TPU code you are using. Nicholas is correct for
the engine management TPU code on our web page. It does use
angles... more specifically spark angle, dwell, inject pulse width, and
either stop or stop injector angle (don't remember which). Once given
these parameters, The TPU risk processor does the rest without the
core CPU32 intervention.

john gwynne