weber-marelli ecu in an Alltrac

Adrian Broughton gtfour at one.net.au
Sun Mar 5 06:48:56 GMT 2000

Hi Max,

> I want to put a weber-marelli ecu (from a Lancia Integrale) in my Toyota
> Celica Alltrac.

woohooo.. a fellow Alltrac owner.  What model?
I have a 1990 ST185 Alltrac (well, they are called GT-Four's here in
Australia).

> The problem is that the sensors for the phase are different.
> Has anyone tried to disassemble the eprom from the weber-marelli ecu?
> I have, obviously, the pointers to the ignition/iniection/boost map, but
> modify the code is not so simple....

Are you a member of the GT4 mailing list?
I would *strongly* recommend any Alltrac/GT-Four owner to become a member
of this list, it has been by far the best resource for my GT-Four, and the
guys (and girls) on the list are extremely helpful.
Check out:  http://www.onelist.com/group/gt4
You should be able to search and browse through the message archives there
as well.  Its a pretty busy list, sometimes up to 100 posts a day.

There are numerous people on there running non-standard ECU's, although
most of them are of the "normal" aftermarket variety (ie G-Force, Wolf3D,
Motec, Autronic, etc).  Some of the guys are running around the 500hp mark
in these cars which is pretty good for a 2.0 4-cyl Turbo.

I would be interested to know how you go with the Lancia ECU.. I have no
experience with these at all so I can't really help you, although I am in
the process of designing a "piggyback" system to the stock ECU to allow
data-logging, FCD, AFC, and water injection control, turbo-timer, remapping
sensors, etc.. etc..  Details of this project will be up on my website in
the next couple of days.
I am very interested in this kind of stuff for these cars, but as I'm sure
you know it is hard to find people who know much about them.

Good luck with the project, and I might talk to you on the GT4 list as
well.

Cheers,
Adrian
Adrian Broughton
1990 Celica GT-Four, 1974 VW Kombi, 1967 Holden HR
Fremantle, Western Australia
gtfour at one.net.au     http://web.one.net.au/~gtfour/