Knock sensor interface

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Sun Mar 5 14:02:02 GMT 2000

Bernd-

I have a book whritten by some VW researchers talking about "advanced
technologies". The book is about 10 years old, but it has some info in
it specific to the knock sensor on the 1.8 liter VW engines. I'll try to
find it and see if it talks about frequencies. I am wondering if there
might be a way to reverse engineer a knock sensing VW ECU?  You could
probably get one in a wrecking yard.  In the US they run $25 to $50.  If
nothing else it might help decide on what ICs to use.

-Seth