Turbo throttles (was Re: anti-lag)

clayb clayb at sonic.net
Wed Mar 8 04:04:58 GMT 2000

Interesting subject. I'm debating what to do with my throttle setup, and have
been considering the merits of pre and post turbo throttle bodies. I currently
have pre-turbo throttles courtesy of the old Holley carbs. Why should I switch?

It would seem the pre-turbo throttle would allow the compressor to spin in low
pressure, during transitions to light throttle, and back to heavy throttle
again. This should reduce lag on throttle reapplication.(This isn't that great
of an issue for me, anyway.)

Also, no blow-off valve is needed

What are the merits of post-turbo, and combination pre- and post-turbo
throttles?

- Clay