AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

Mike (Perth, WA) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Wed Mar 8 06:52:54 GMT 2000

At 11:53 PM 7/03/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Compared to what Mechanical, FI, Carbbies?.
>Sweeping statements are often wrong.
>AFM are probably the least accurate of the air flow sensors, or at least the
>most restrictive.

Do I get the impresion that AFM's in the USA are mostly the flap type,
because here in Australia - most if not all (by now) are platinum hot wire ?

And on the latest V8's with 300 to 350Kw they are large 3" to 3.5" with
modified platinum hot wire - not all all restrictive...

Rgds ~`:o)

Mike Massen         Trading as "Network Power Systems" and "Network Computers"
Perth, Western Australia  Ph +61 8 9444 8961  Fx +618 9264 8229 (fax -> email)
Products/Personal/Client web area at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus
 (Current pics - trip to Malaysia to install equipment in jungle power site)

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.