O2 sensor Voltage

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 13:48:48 GMT 2000

It really doesn't work that way.  The ecm is going to try and maintain a
14.7:1 AFR, for emission purposes.  So you really have two options, crack
the code, and set it to run open loop, and recalibrate to run more
effiecently (meaning changing timing/fuel/egr etc).  Or finding some  place
in it's normal operating calibrations that is a sweet spot for mileage.
Assuming this is for off road educational purposes, I'd try just installing
a 500 ohm pot in the Coolant Temp Sensor, or Intake air temp sensor wiring,
and try "fooling" the engine into thinking it's cooler then it actually is,
HOWEVER, make sure that the temps aren't too low to disable say the Torque
converter clutch or some other gotcha.
  You might try reading the tuning.doc or .txt at the FTP sometime, There is
some info about setting cruise conditions there.
  I'd also, suggest you hit,  www.tunercat.com  and look at the hacs to see
what in general your dealing with.  There are lots of variable, and
considerations.
  Grumpy