O2 sensor Voltage

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 13:53:49 GMT 2000

> Uh, what's a 'Voltage "stepper"'?

ie Voltage divider.

> A simple single-supply operational amplifier could add an offset Voltage
> the EGO Voltage, or could effect the EGO Voltage by a ratio.  "How lean
can
> you go", we wonder?

It don't work that way in any gm ecm I've tinkered with.  I'd think about
16:1 for a "normal" engine would be about it.  Even going that lean, I'd for
sure have an accurate AFR monitor (ie WB O2), and EGT.  I'd hate to waste an
engine over a couple pennies of mileage.  By the time you try to cut too
fine of line, you might spend more in tinkering then the difference in
mileage gets you.