AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 14:35:38 GMT 2000

> Trouble is a freeer flowing exhaust may give more propensity for
overspeed,
> especially since I have a very basic bleed valve arrangement without a
> proper waste-gate boost controller. So knowing what it does at all -
helps.

You ain't gonna overspeed one on any street car.   Overheat, underlubricate,
yes.

> Regardless of the practical need/outcome - I'd still be interested to
> see what sort of revs the damn thing actually does

60K to 120K rpm

> >   In the higher HP areas the T/C is more switched on and off by TPS
changes
> >then feathering into anyway.  Using an accurate MAP/MAF is all that is
> >needed, nice additional info is IAT, Water Injection, and better tuning.
> Sorry - whats IAT ?

Intake Air Temp..

> >  What would be neat is an auxillary method of driving up EGTs for T/C
> >operation without being at the expense of engine components.  But, for
that
> >you'd really even need to make it transistional so that when TPS changed
> >there wasn't a drop, or the bog would put your nose against the
windsheild.
> Sorry again - EGT ? - Equivalent to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (Transfer ?)

Exhuast Gas Temperature

> >  There are just some designs that reguire compromise.
> Yeah true, though with 1GigaHertz DSP's from TI and other smarts, ones
> wish lists of avoiding compromises gets longer and longer but at the
> expense of our pockets - we can still speculate (fancy name for dream ;-)

Processor speed ain't an issue.  An engine is sooo slowww in operating
speed.  Even slower is the human mechanism operating the whole deal.
Wounldn't it be more productive thou to think about what can be improved
upon, rather then worring about say making something with some something
that doesn't exist?.
ie, a zero mass set of "wheels" for a turbo.
Grumpy