Electronic Transmission Control

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Mar 8 19:00:05 GMT 2000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Swayze wrote:

> I had assumed the E after 4L80 was for electronic(computer) control. which
> suffix denotes just a TCC.
> (I am assuming the 4L80 is truck version(duty) of 200R4.)
> byE

E means fully electronic, without the E is usually just TCC.

>From what I have heard about the 4L80 is phyiscally much much bigger
than a 200R4.   I was told a 200R4 weights less than a 4L60 (700R4)
and the 4L80 is said to be at least 100lbs heavier (probably more)
than a 700R4,  and also is is much physically larger than a 4L60 (to
fit it in my car requires application of a hammer at key tranny tunnel
locations).

93 f-bodies have 4L60's, 94+ f-bodies have 4L60E trannies.

				Roger