Electronic Transmission Control

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Wed Mar 8 23:50:22 GMT 2000

Gwyn,

The 1991-1993 6.5L diesel powered trucks that used the 4L80E transmission
had a stand alone transmission controller (and so does the Rolls Royce that
uses the 4L80E transmission 8-)). The GM part number for the 1991-1993 truck
controller is 16147609 and the part number for a stock chip is 16173828 (I
think the broadcast code is BACZ and I think this is a 1992-1993 1 ton CK
truck). You can use this controller and then a DRAC module to get the speed
data correct for your gearing and tire size. The controller really needs to
have at least the engine rpm and vehicle speed data. Several companies
should be able to make you a harness for this or you could buy the GM
factory harness and modify it.

I am sure someone on this list has figured out the calibration for the
transmission controller 8-). I stock bin file might already be on the FTP
site.

Regards,

Jason