AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Thu Mar 9 03:29:14 GMT 2000

>EGR, is low in O2 content, so how is it's total energy higher?.
>Grumpy
>
>> EGT is significant; the energy in the recirculated exhaust gases
>> will increase the possibility of knock as the total energy of the
>> mixture is higher than with all fresh mixture.

Ray Hall is using a standard GM 3 bar MAP sensor for EBP measurement--on
the end of about 24 or 30" of tubing. I think they take the port for it
from the crossover passage for manifold heat (he does mostly BBC marine
stuff).

Big Diesels are now having to go to EGR for NOx control, and most of them
will be using EGR COOLERS--use coolant to cool down the recirced exhaust
gasses! No NEW energy in EGR, just heat. Course--diesels are a different
ball-game in many ways.

BTW--Bruce--have the little guys ever come across a DT-573?? Apparently
it's  a V-8 version of their little 430 toy!!

Greg