Turbo speed sensor - ferrite in comp wheel ?

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Mar 9 09:25:21 GMT 2000

Hi again...
No......
Take the compleate turbocharger and fix the wheel so it stands still.
Drill trou the cower so you hit near the outer edge of the compressor
wheel, turn the wheel 180 deg. drill trou the wheel once more to have the
balance fixed.Or offset the hole closer to senter if you dont want 2 pulses

for each rpm.Glu the optical sensor in the back hole and your laser on
front cower.Maybe you have to clean the sensor once in a while....
Espen

----------
> From: Mike (Perth, Western Australia) <erazmus at wantree.com.au>
> To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> Subject: Re: Turbo speed sensor - ferrite in comp wheel ?
> Date: 9. mars 2000 18:13
>
> At 09:35 AM 9/03/2000 +0100, "Espen Hilde" <mwichstr at online.no> wrote:
> >What obout drilling 2 holes in opposite side ,then the balance is ok
> >and use a light and optical reader trou the holes.
>
> hehe - You mean a small hole striaght through the center hub of the
> comp wheel - would do wonders for stress me thinks <phew>
>
> Ah - come to think of it - I could use one of those cheap laser pointers
> and shine it at an angle across the edghe of the blades - and just need a
> optical pickup at the opposite side... Beauty - hand't thought of that
> until your email prompted me to take a fresh look see - Tah :O)
>
> Would mean a bit of machining the comp wheel cover - but heck thats far
> better then messing with the balance..
>
> Yep - thats what I'll try - therefore NOP - I will *not* drill a hole in
> comp wheel - <relief> - no more dreams about ally shattering through
> the engine :)
>
> Actually would look neat - splaying red light inside the pipe, would make
> a nice mpeg - must get my FD-81 Sony mavica soon <sigh> Had one in
Malaysia,

http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/