OEM EFI adaptation

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Mar 9 19:00:32 GMT 2000

"Geoff, Kate & Theo Campbell" wrote:

> Please forgive my innocence, but is this mailing list always this busy?
> I logged on to get my usual mail and was bombarded by over ninety messages.

This list's sister list, gmecm, would be better for what you are doing.

> I don't wish to seem misplaced, I am actually an Autoelectrician who wishes
> to adapt a GM OEM EFI system (Holden Camira 1.8 MPFI, no O2 sensor) to a
> Ford Escort 2Lt, and I was hoping for some information to make life a bit
> easier.

That Camira uses a 1227277 ECM.  It is similar to the 1227165, 1227303,
1227808, 1227752 and 16198259 ECMs.  These ECMs differ just in their
case styles and what chip locations are populated.  There is a lot of
info on them in the gmecm list archives.