Electronic Transmission Control

Hunt David huntd at tce.com
Mon Mar 13 16:03:46 GMT 2000

> I KNOW there are a few GN owners on this list, maybe one of you
> guys could to step in here and give us some more info on turbo 6's
> and 2004R's?

I have a bone stock 84 GN and know from expenses that the weak '84
is far stronger than the 200R4.  I've gone through 3 and haven't
seen 100,000 miles.  My recollection is that the transmission was
rated at somewhere around the 200's of foot pounds of torque.

Regarding the torque curve of the Buick V-6, I believe that the
maximum torque is obtained below 3,000 RPM.  I also believe that the
maximum torque at RPM is exhaust (especially the valve) limited - just
guessing.

Any suggestions for "beefing up" my present 200R4?

dh