Eaton's Ultrasonic Injectors ?

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Mon Mar 13 15:29:02 GMT 2000

Hullo from down under (again),

Anyone recall the horn shaped ultrasonic injectors which Eaton-GMBH brought
onto the market (samples only I think) in around early 80's. They were
real simple devices, spring loaded ball at one thin end, fat end held a
ultrasonic transducer. Fuel pressure and spring would hold ball seal in
place, when transducer excited (about 50KHz) the horn shaped unit would
make the end jump back and forth and provide high levels of atomisation.

I saw an article in a int motor/electronics mag about 82 and still searching
for it - IIRC the unit was made from 316 grade stainless and the transducer
was bonded with the latest 'hi-tech' epoxy. I also seem to recall that
reproducability was the only factor to be addressed before volume
production - say la vi' <sigh>

Rgds

Mike Massen

Ancient Sufi saying:
        "Should your God save you from adversity, choose another God"

Pictures of site installation at Mendulong near Sipitang, Sabah (Malaysia) for
container based RAPS...   http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus

Vehicle modifications on GMH Turbo, twin tyres, possible 175Kw at wheels
Preliminary pictures at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/

My editorial on twin-tyre opinion and good reference about tyres:-
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2195/ttyreopinion.html