water into efi system before injectors.

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Mon Mar 13 21:52:06 GMT 2000

> >seriously, are there any papers which discuss the pertinent math involved
in
> >water injection for non-turbo apps?

Interesting question, but I start at the low side of Ricardo's estimates,
and work from there.  First trying more, then less.

> I suppose you could work it out from the specific heat of water, mass
added,
> expected temperature drop of mixture in chamber etc. etc.
> I suppose the leaner you go the more water - with appropriate safety's...

If all your worried about is EGT.  Gonna take x amount of fuel to make x HP,
unless special circumstance.

> My school physics text has some good stuff - I keep it handy as my
> memory is going,
> ie. The second thing to go when you get old is memory and the first thing
> to go has something to do with that rubber thing in my wallet...

No commment from the older than tree set, here at CSH, HQ
Grumpy

> Rgds
>
> Mike
>
> PS: Anyone noticed the emails are out of sync - I get answers up to
> 30 mins before the initial request - or do electrons take longer to
> spin around down-under ?

They always do.  they even have to change directions 4x to get to CSH, HQ,
regional offices less