water into efi system before injectors.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Tue Mar 14 03:17:13 GMT 2000

>yea well, so much for hooking up a mapsensor to the windshield wiper
>motor.......
>
>seriously, are there any papers which discuss the pertinent math involved in
>water injection for non-turbo apps?
>byE
>Mike
>Swayze

No papers I know of, but have done the math/thermo. Comes out to about 75
or 80% of mass flow rate of stoich fuel mix fuel flow in water will get you
saturated vapor conditions at TDC when it's time for the spark. Any more
than this, and you lose power.

Same old saw--gotta have the H2O atomized, but not vaporized until the
intake closes, or you lose because water vapor (molecular weight = 18)
displaces a lot of air (avg. molecular weight =29), thus losing you power.

Ideal amount of water increases with increasing effective compression ratio.

Greg