Crack valve availability

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Wed Mar 15 17:20:44 GMT 2000

At 05:00 PM 14/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Me thinks your going way overboard, with a lot of time effort money, for the
>difference in a well executed wet manifold system, vs what your doing.

mmmm Are you saying there would be sufficient water in contact with hottest
part of engine if derived from manifold alone - ?

IMHO, The precision of a crack valve spraying onto piston crown with or
without a deferred fuel cycle would be of more efficiency then via manifold
alone and of interest to test...

If I can do it cost effectively then i would like to pursue it, I have spare
heads and knowledge of controls, all I need are the crack valves and a
way to insert them in the appropriate place (there's a joke somewhere;).

>  Earl's Plumbing, used to have some low pressure cracking valves

<hrrm> is "Earl's" a synonym for 'any' plumber or am I being too technical ;-)

I never thought any (conventional) plumbers would have a small enough and
perhaps alterable valve to suit in cylinder insertion - I suppose I
should start ringing around plumbing engineering firms ?

Any machinist's, hydraulic engineers on this list ?

Saw a diesel crack valve the other day *very* large but, it was around
1000psi for a 500cc or so single cylinder.

SHouldn't it be possible to find/make a valve thats around 1/4" dia
and around 1/2 to 3/4" long for 1/8th pipe - or thereabouts ?

Rgds

Mike