Looking for obscure connector

Colin Goodall goodall at magma.ca
Wed Mar 15 18:32:07 GMT 2000

I am in the process of trying to track down the connector for the EFI computer
on a 1982 Honda CX 500 Turbo (Motorcycle).  The computer is manufactured by
Nippondenso and has a 35 pin connector.  Pins are 3 mm wide on 5 mm centers.
There are two rows: 1 with 17 pins and a second with 18 pins.  The engagement
of the connector is via a lever motion.  One end hooks in and the connector is
levered down into place where it clicks into place.

The connector I am looking for is the male side of the connector which is part
of the computer.  On this side I can find no identifying marks as to
manufacturer or part number.  However on the female side I found the connector
marked as an AMP product with part number 171715.

Much searching on the AMP site provided no information.  However I did find a
printed AMP catalogue which contained a whole series of connectors that seemed
to be the correct type.  The go by the name "AMP Timer Connectors".  Out of the
whole batch I found only 1 connector on their web site.  It was AMP part number
2-825213-5.  I found only 1 supplier which listed the part number but when I
conteacted them they had no more in stock.

If anyone knows a source for this part (or suitable replacement) I would really
appreciate it.

Thanx
   Colin Goodall
   goodall at magmacom.com