Water injection.

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Sat Mar 18 09:50:50 GMT 2000

At 02:19 PM 18/3/2000 +0800, Bernd Felsche <bernie at perth.dialix.com.au> wrote:

>So at this time, I'm "stuck" trying to find the right technology.

Hey Bernd,

How about the $10 pumps from Dick Smith - I'm using one at moment to
pressurise my cooling system and purge air bubbles from the head (and yes
there are two bleeds for this purpose - I've connected to a solenoid),
it easily reaches 15psi and if hold off the water overflow line,
reaches about 18psi at 11.8v

These are centrifugal and will do 15psi easily - though they are very
temperamental if there's the slightest amount of air in the line.

The impeller is also a little temperamental if there's any dirt, it causes
the impeller to shaft to strip - but reglung it is easy.

With a good filter, correct positioning etc, it should be possible to
operate them reliably - thats what I will be trying shortly,

Could run two in series with appropiate bleed-leak from the second back
to tank (because the seal at center will be at the outlet pressure of
the first one - but would generate 30psi overall without much trouble :)

You can get them from the Dick SMith store in Osborne Park (Aluminium valley).

>Two other benefits for road cars; on hot days, the evaporation cools
>the charge. On cold days, you can pre-heat the water and use the
>warm mist to help pre-heat the charge air for better fuel
>vapourization.

:) Not much chance of the latter over here even in winter, with 10psi
boost temps are over 100deg C at comp outlet :( but then for n/a I'd
probably go with a fuel rail heater if you were worried about vapourisation.

Rgds

:) mike