Microcontrollers

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sun Mar 19 11:35:49 GMT 2000

MysticZ wrote:

> Does anyone know of a decent, easy to deal with microcontroller that
> will run C? I'm new at all this itty bitty computer stuff, and I could
> just use a basic stamp, but I've heard that it isn't as fast as "some C
> based controller" (exact phrase). Anyone have a clue what that could be?

       It's not the technology that's the issue,
       but asking what the problem is.

       (exact phrase)

C compilers are available for just about any microcontroller - there's
even a C compiler for the same processor used in the Basic Stamp.

As a starting point try http://www.dontronics.com/ for some ideas. I'm
sure you'll be inundated with other suggestions - but see above paragraph.

regards, Peter