Corvair EFI

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Sun Mar 19 22:40:15 GMT 2000

Datsun?.
Why step that far into history?.  (opinion, here, the AFM Bosch systems are
just dated in my book).
What can you do to a datsun ecm to calibrate it to suit your specific
combination?, last I heard nothing.  Why not take advantage of a fully hac'd
system, curtiousy or  the ecm guy, and have some easy to find, fully tunable
system, that uses say a gm 1227730 or 1227165 ecm (for port), or just
editing the1227747, 1228747 for TBI..  Software is available cheap for
editing any of these.
   Just by example, take a 1227730, the editor for it is available from
Tunercat, or TerryKelly.  The ecm guy has a hac of it so what ain't in the
tuner editors is covered there.  Use any 6 cyl memcal, and the gm components
other then connectors (on the sensors) are the sam from about day one, as
far as the MAP systems go.  Junkyards have lots of EFI GM cars there, some
areas Datsuns are as common as hen's teeth.
  Grumpy