Nissan JECS ECU RE: I another new guy.....

BOWEN, SCOTT M. (JSC-CC) scott.m.bowen1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 20 21:12:59 GMT 2000

Well...

My Nissan/JECS setup is out of a 1991 240SX with the KA24DE engine [2.4l
DOHC] and I have found out a few things.

The ECU, with board #A12-001 B52, has a 40 pin port on the board just right
for a ribbon harness connector...

It has one 84 pin processor with a JECS part number[M3M7790STJ], but they
don't make it [of course] and they will not tell me who does [Oh, sorry,
Nissan owns that information], a JECS chip is a 68 pin [M6M72561J-I] and a
NEC 44 pin [D65012L(A)904].

Jim Wolf has informed me that the JECS 84 pin is the processor and the JECS
68 pin is the FLASH/A-D converter/microprocessor start up chip. The NEC
helps with whatever the 64 pin JECS chip can't handle.

Jim wolf has figured out how to input it's own program by using a daughter
board that connects via the 40 pin port, and can you believe the guy's won't
give me any ore info than that?

I have not given up yet! That is why I found this list...

I have also found a freeware program for editing Nissan EPROMS that works
great on the '89-'90 KA24E 12valve motor ECU as it has an EPROM [27C256]. If
anyone wants it, I will send it to them....

Scott Bowen
Bastard Motorsports Engineering
Houston, TX
281-244-9669