O2 sensor response times- catalyst

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Wed Mar 29 13:50:38 GMT 2000

At 07:30 PM 29/3/2000 +0800, you wrote:

>save on mail volume. You've already distrivuted the huge caveat. Why
>repeat it?

<sigh> A repeat is OK, best to ignore speed slips or arguments and
criticality will creep into whats been interesting discussion, people
seem to get awfully defensive and upset over really trivial things when
they can't see someones expression face to face etc, Consequence of
the primitive technology at moment I guess,

Just for instance, I've been doing net stuff on and off since 1979 or
so and found email's become a real casual (hopefully non-pedantic)
way of sharing knowlegde. I saw a email argument on a CPU user group that
started with some really trivial thing, nobody else said anything, but the
vitriol and defensiveness went way over the top - got serious.
It made me very sad it got to that stage, my 2c worth

Best to ignore mistakes and repeats - *everyone* makes them,

>Why would you deliverately put in so much excess fuel?

I've heard F1  runs as high as 4:1 from time to time - for the most
part to keep the exhaust valves from melting whilst still getting some
usable power... Of course those engines are now doing around 17,000 rpm
with a fairly narrow power band. Someone once said the screaming sound you
hear
when they go past ain't the engines - its the gearboxes <phew> !

Also to reduce pinging you might move to lower AFR as well, even though the
power goes down, this I might add is for engines where there ain't WI,
but we'll all change that soon ;-)

Rgds

:) Mike