aftermarket ecu etc...

Mike R Brown mike_brown at agilent.com
Wed Mar 29 14:25:16 GMT 2000

Toby Atwater wrote:

> Sorry I know this isn't "Do It Yourself", more like "Pay it Yourself and
> break the bank"
>
> Does anybody know of a aftermarket ECU that has some kind of PC output? All
> the ones I have seen either have a separate unit with a small b/w lcd
> screen, or else they have some kind of data logging capabilities that will
> off load to a PC "after the race". What I am looking for is something with a
> PC output that will display what is being inputting into the ECU through
> it's sensors in real time, or close to real time. I basically want to
> monitor what is happening inorder to 1) learn more about how it's doing its
> thing, 2) troubleshoot sensors and other things if things aren't working 3)
> the coolness factor.

Toby,
    The Edelbrock-Weber Pro-Flo is a capable system.  It comes with a small
control module that interfaces with the ECM to monitor and set many
parameters.  Building a simple interface cable you can plug it into your laptop
and do the same.  Makes it a lot easier to see what is going on than using
their two line display.  You can also record what is happening for later
analysis.  PC software is out there to do all of this.

Mike