As The World Turns . . . (was Cheap Protection ... The circuit)

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 00:45:34 GMT 2000

(complete quotation below)
Bernd,

Thanks for patching that hyperlink into the WWW page, it worked just fine
the first time.  Immediately before you sent that (this) message, I had
tried the hyperlink posted to the DIY EFI list, and, still, no success;  I
saw that Microsoft Internet Exploder 5.00.2314.1003 cranked up the 'bytes
downloaded' statistic by 46,743 exactly bytes, and then just 'hung' - for
over twenty minutes!;

A question to all:
should Microsoft's new logo be that spinning 'world' thing in IE (As The
World Turns . . . ), or should it be the hour-glass mouse-cursor?

Back to the subject . . . so I gave up (on MS IE!);  the new hyperlink on
your page allowed download to a _file_ (where I can 'touch' it) in 25
seconds;  can you say, "WTF?"?

Now, I need to take a close look at the design . . .

Thanks,
Mike