Looking for pulse output MAF

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Thu Mar 30 02:39:39 GMT 2000

Brian Franchuk wrote:

> I'm looking for a GM MAF (pulse output) that can handle the flow
> from a 4.0 liter motor (approx 220hp).

Do you know what flow rate you actually have?  220 HP is about
170 grams/sec.  If you are not going to go over this, the
Buick 3800 MAF is a high freq MAF that will max out about
170 g/s.  I put one of these in the intake path of my speed
density turbo Grand Prix, but the 3.1L can max it out
with enough boost.

The 3800 MAF output is around 1 kHz to 10 kHz.  If you are
using the older 2.8L MAF, that is a low freq MAF.....  Might
need some changes in your converter.

Scot Sealander