A-B Encoder software

John S. Gwynne jsg at jsgpc.mrcday.com
Thu Mar 30 14:27:14 GMT 2000

   In message <"000330130005Z.WT24777. 10*/PN=Mike.Blakey/OU=Personnel/OU=NOTES
/O=BAe MAA/PRMD=BAE/ADMD=GOLD 400/C=GB/"@MHS>, you write:

| I'm looking for some pseudo code for a A-B encoder. I want to use this type o
| encoder instead of a 10K pot/ ADC input for TPS.
| Does anyone have any code for incrementing and decrementing a file/register u
| sing
| this type of device?

for what it's worth, the 68332's TPU does this function. The TPU does
linear increment/decrement without cpu intervention. I have some code
to do non-linear based on rotation speed that does require a little
cpu intervention. I've used them for strobe-light control and in my
injector test bench.

john gwynne