Affordable Wideband ECUs - How to?

Scott Knight scott at scottknight.com
Fri Mar 31 20:34:41 GMT 2000

> >I have the FelPro controller with wideband o2. I will be setting it up on my
> >twin turbo Baracuda next month.
>
> Excellent. When you get some time to go thru the manual and want to
> discuss what you find there, especially regarding anything unique to the
> wideband setup, I'd love to hear about it, as I'm sure others would too.
>
> One question for you: let's see if we can ID the actual NTK variant of
> the sensor they've supplied you. First, tell me if you would, how many
> rings of holes you see on the sides of the cylindrical protruding end of
> your sensor: one or two? What I mean by that is, do you find gas entry
> holes around the sensor tip in one circumferential line of holes or two?

Hey! Finally something I can contribute to here.  I have had my FP box
running on the racecar very happily with the wideband.  The sensor I
have has stamped on the sheetmetal where the 5 wires go in:

   L1H1
NTK  JAPAN

and on the wrench flat:

6Y13

and the part that goes into the exhaust stream has a single ring of 6
holes plus 1 in the end.

Does this do any good?

>From the software side, there is not much that you do to enable the
wideband.  Basically, a checkbox turns it on.  The adjustments are High
RPM, Low RPM, Cold and Hot Closed Loop Delay (in sec), Closed Loop Gain
(%), Max Closed Loop Step (%), Min Temp (º).  Beyond that are only the
A/F ratio table and some correction limits.

Unfortunately, I bought mine early on and didn't get a manual of any
kind.  If anyone has ANY documentation for this thing, I would
appreciate getting to take a look at it.

Later dates.
Scott Knight  mailto:scott at scottknight.com
http://www.scottknight.com/ IRC:SS396man
'95 Black Impala SS