Affordable Wideband ECUs - How to?

Will McGonegal McGonegal.Will at etc.ec.gc.ca
Fri Mar 31 23:42:56 GMT 2000

>From: garwillis at msn.com (Garfield Willis)
>Subject: Affordable Wideband ECUs - How to?

> >You could see the AFR reading quickly respond as the FI settings were changed.
> >Handy tools to have.

>I expect you must have been holding significant load on the engine via
>the dyno, in order to get it into open-loop. This is the normal tuning
>mode for non-wideband controllers.

The FI system on the test vehicle (not a road going vehicle) was an after market
unit and O2 feedback was not being used on it.  We were able to set the AFR for
a variety of throttle/load/speed settings, including light loads, not just
significant loads.  A good way to get your initial FI computer map settings.

Will