Old 486 Board for ECU??

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu May 4 03:53:04 GMT 2000

> was potentially inflamatory to the "PC can do anything" crowd who just
> love to be told it can't be done!

Hey, PC's can't do everything.  But, for my purposes, using it in EFI
makes a lot of sense.  That's all I've ever said.  If you like your
GMECM, and if you like whatever it is you use, great, more power to
you.  I like Haltech ECM6's and Electromotive Tec II's, experience with
both in racing applications.  This PC thing is fun.

> Your case was well argued - should be more of it!

Yes, he presented highly valid points, and that's cool.

> PS. I don't doubt for one second that a PC can run an engine - the
> question is one of cost/benefit (it's all been argued already).

If the PC is free, and most of the add on parts are "samples", the only
cost you have is having the board screened.  And, I found out that a
friend of mine works for an electronic design company.  Viola, instant
one-off board.  Just one though. LOL.

> And I'm still waiting for that NE555 circuit to replace my 1227808.

With a little ingenuity, you probably could get an engine running.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707