GB Z-80

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu May 4 15:33:20 GMT 2000

The more interesting project IMO is his Gameboy digital scope.
Unfortunately he doesn't offer any details, says he won't answer emails,
and the magazine article that is supposed to have all the info has been
postponed indefinitely.

The gameboy processor is "like" a Z80, instructions involving IX and IY
have been removed, as have the block move/copy instructions like LDIR.

There is really a lot of information out there about the Gameboy,
simulators, compilers and assemblers, etc.  It's been torn apart far
more completely than any GM ECM has :-)

I'm trying to collect gameboy info, can you send me the links that he
referred you to?

regarding the max232, you can buy them from digikey, and you can get
samples from the Maxim WWW page (www.maximic.com), click on "samples and
literature" under technical support.

--steve

Swayze wrote:

> I had followed up on the link and talked with Steve in regards to the i/o
> device and GBDK for programming. he sent me an additional link which
> contained even more info, but nothing automotive and very little robotic...
> very much there though on LCD manipulation and reading and writing to the
> (EE)PROM (Flash?), even a basic compiler, linking to parallel port, stuff
> like that. I had thought thjat the Z-80 may have been used in some
> automotive apps and was just asking.  I haven't programmed in 'C' b4 but
> intend to get into it(heavily-too many apps to list). I have read that most
> of the 'C' code is easily portable.my programming skills tend toward number
> crunching not GUI.
>
> on a side note, where can I find MAX233(232) for building the ALDL connector
> for my GMECM's
>
> byE
> Mike
> Swayze