test bench was Re: Old 486 Board for ECU? Why?

Swayze kswayze at bellsouth.net
Fri May 5 17:43:32 GMT 2000

Subject: RE: test bench was Re: Old 486 Board for ECU? Why?

> Sound cards have a DAC, two in fact, one for each channel.  You can
> multiplex these using a CD4066 chip and a simple circuit to select which
> one.  The 4066 is a CMOS controlled analog switch.  I've used them in
audio
> circuits, specifically homemade guitar effects as a way of bypassing the
> effect, or not.  Would work here too.

             would need outputs for TPS,IAT,MAP,MAF,etc. for feed to FI
controller
if you read Bruce's text at GMECM on test bench stuff he has set up inputs
for the various devices attached to the controller using 555 timers, etc.,
the digital outputs could come direct from a parallel port, but I was
thinking a sound card could provide the analog ones (sound cards are pretty
cheap) and a 486 board would have at least 4 ISA slots. do you have any
links on getting voltage controlled output from a soundcard.
programmersheaven has info on getting waveforms out of them and a little bit
of source code (pascal I think).
I too have several complete, dissassembled 486's in the attic. only need
monitors, keyboards and power supplies. not sure about the soundcards
though( have to look when I get home). my main PC at home has AWE32 (wife
would get really upset if I started modifying it)

byE
Mike
Swayze
mswayze at Truswood.com