Dual TBI Setup?

Steve Cauffiel cauffiel at erols.com
Sun May 7 13:40:59 GMT 2000

	Has anyone ever tried (or know of someone who did) a dual OEM TBI setup on
a SBC?  Just throw it on a dual carb-type single plane manifold.  Someone
mentioned it on the Third-gen board and it has really got me wondering.  By
itself a single TBI won't pull in the air or inject the fuel to keep a 383
going, but a dual setup would...  I wouldn't think that there would be too
much to "fab" up...  some linkage, something to monitor/combine both TPS's
(or just run one)... anything else?  Maybe just block off one of the IAC's
and let the computer just control the one...  I'm interested in this because
I happen to already have two of them, and don't want to shell out the cash
($2000'ish) for an Edelbrock/Holley system...  hmmm...  Man, I hate it when
the wheels start turning...

Do you smell smoke...?

Any opinions appreciated,
				Steve