Old 486 Board for ECU??

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Tue May 9 21:04:24 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a very off topic question about this. Somewhere in this thread
you had mentioned lambda sensor heater control, in the context of
something that needed PWM. I was under the impression that one just
fed the heater +12v (maybe w/ballast resistor) and let it cook.

Specifically I'm thinking of the common OE type HEGO sensors, nothing
fancy. I do remember reading that the heater control requirements were
a bit trickier for the wide band units.

If you could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it. I've been
reading this list on and off for a while, and I dug in the archives
some too, but haven't seen anything saying I need to modulate the
heater drive on a basic HEGO...

   Thanks in advance,
   Chris C.