DIY_EFI Digest V5 #177

Hunt David huntd at tce.com
Tue May 9 22:21:18 GMT 2000

Mike, I agree with you.  I was thinking of laying out a '186 board and
setting it up so that I would work with the Borland development system,
especially the remote debugger, to program the card.  Then a laptop with a
serial link would be all that's needed.

Have you looked at the group that's using a Motorola processor? I think
they're using a cross-assembler and Mot assembly is quite simple.  I'm
getting ready to look at them to find out if connector similarity would be
useful.  Does anyone know where to source the connectors for standard engine
controllers, say a '747 type controller?  It would be nice just to plug into
a GM wiring harness.

I believe that the timing is handled by measuring the time after a an event.
Lets say you want to fire a plug at 20 degrees before a cylinder.  You start
a timer from the centerline of the last cylinder and time.  You know the
timer value because you know the time between pulses.  Anyone correct me if
I'm wrong.

Reply to

Mailto:dh at bamainc

dh