fuel pressure vs altitude

Flanagan, Stephen CECOM RDEC STCD Flanagan, Stephen CECOM RDEC STCD
Fri May 12 16:31:32 GMT 2000

-------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 00:04:00 EDT
From: MdntRdr1 at aol.com
Subject: Re: fuel pressure vs altitude

In a message dated 05/11/2000 07:00:08 Pacific Daylight Time,
Flanagas at mail1.monmouth.army.mil writes:

What I was trying to say is that I have the car dialed in pretty good at
sea level conditions.  (A/F ratio on a turbo is between 11 - 12.5), my
goal is to keep this A/F ratio the same by adjusting just the fuel pressure
relative to a new altitude and the change in weather (hence a change in
density altitude).

  << say car is
   running perfect at sea level (perfect A/F ratio) >>
  Are you saying that because air pressure at sea level is 14.7, and that
A/F
  ratio is supposed to be 14.7 to 1, that sea level is right for the A/F
ratio?
   I've been told that's just a coincidence, that the two have no relation.