Mustang Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Fri May 12 18:43:41 GMT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 18:34:23 -0500, kb4mxo <kb4mxo at mwt.net> wrote:

>... 99 Mustang sensor F8CZ-9F972-BE
>Used on 99 and newer Ford cars and Trucks.

I discovered experimentally :) just yesterday that they are indeed used
on the V-6 Mustangs as well, along with the much harder-to-find SVT
Cobra's. I take it from the reference above, that they are infact used
system-wide in cars and trucks from '99 onward. If so, this is GOOD.

For MystZ and anyone else who's interested in this topic, this is a
transducer that apparently senses differential pressure betwixt fuel
rail and manifold, and whose output is used by the ECU to regulate fuel
pump pressure/output. It sits on the fuel rail to sense fuel pressure,
and has a vacuum tube input for sensing manifold pressure. I presume the
output is some analog of the differential pressure, that is used by the
ECU to PWM-control the fuel pump.

I don't think anyone's published onlist the signal and pressure ranges.
Least I couldn't see anything like that in the archives. Interesting
device.

Gar