Bosch LE/2 Jetronic (info and problems)

Steve Spiers s.spiers at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 14 12:18:12 GMT 2000

Hi

I have just bough a car with Bosch LE/2 Jetronic management. It is a Fiat Croma
Turbo.

I am looking for infomation on the system, anybody point me towards some good web
sites (or books)

I am looking at installing the engine an another car, I want to get the most out
of the engine without going to a large cost. boost limits etc would be good.

I have one major problem with the system at the moment. I get extreamly bad fuel
economy, like 10MPG! I need to solve this first, anyone know what could be causing
this? The engine runs fine, the top end seems a little soft (but so do most std
turbocharged cars).

How dependent is the ECU on coolant temperature? I suspect that the thermostate is
either stuck open or has been removed. The temp gague will only just get off the
absolute bottom of the scale. Could this be the sole problem causing the ecu to
run in "cold start" mode?

Thanks for any help in advance

Steve